From The Times-Picayune:

Torrence Hatch, aka rapper Lil Boosie, was released from prison Wednesday night, according to a representative from the Louisiana Department of Corrections. His release comes on the heels of an Atlantic Records spokesperson verifying Hatch would appear at a press conference March 10.

DOC spokesperson Pam LaBorde confirmed Hatch left the prison, commonly known as Angola, at about 7:10 p.m. on March 5.

Hatch was sent to a West Feliciana Sheriff’s Department facility to meet his lawyer and at least one other person, LaBorde said.

Hatch will remain under parole and probation for some time, LaBorde said, although she did not have the dates available. Terms of that supervision will be verified during a parole intake within 48 hours and at a probationary hearing in front of a judge, she continued.

Hatch’s parole and probation restrictions could include a stipulation that he be required to ask permission to leave the state, or that he not be allowed to leave Louisiana at all, but LaBorde said it was simply too early to tell the specifics of those restrictions.

Media entities were sent invitations this week to a press conference offering interviews with the Baton Rouge rapper who is currently incarcerated on drug charges at the Louisiana State Penitentiary. The conference invitation had logos for both Atlantic Records and Trill Entertainment.

“He will absolutely be there,” said a representative with Atlantic Records. “He’ll be speaking to the press for the first time … after his release.”

Rumors surrounding Hatch and his release date have circulated since he entered Angola, so his actual exit from the prison should put to rest some of the massive speculation that has occurred on rap and hip hop blogs, websites, magazines and other news sources.

Taquari Hatch, Lil Boosie’s brother and manager, did not immediately return requests for comment.

Hatch first entered the prison system in 2009 when he pleaded guilty to a third-offense marijuana possession charge, earning him a total of four years when the judge determined Hatch had also violated probation. In 2011, Hatch pleaded guilty to attempting to smuggle drugs into prison, which added eight years to his sentence.

In May 2012, Hatch avoided more time when a jury acquitted him in the 2009 murder of Terry Boyd. Michael “Marlo Mike” Louding was sentenced to life without parole July 9 for the Boyd slaying.

A small-but-committed group of writers, bloggers and videographers that (mostly) exist and function all over the D.C. Metro area.