From the Charlotte Observer (you can read more about it there):
Mecklenburg prosecutors on Monday dismissed charges against six men arrested after a daytime shootout at a car stereo store where rapper Waka Flocka Flame had been talking to fans and getting his picture taken.
One man suffered a gunshot wound in the February shooting that drew widespread attention because of the rapper’s fame and his previous scrapes with violence and the law.
The rapper’s publicist said the shooting started after several men tried to rob Waka Flocka Flame of his jewelry.
But prosecutors have little to go on, they said, because none of the witnesses identified who was responsible for the shooting. They also said there was no evidence of an attempted robbery.
“We didn’t have enough evidence to prosecute any of them,” District Attorney Andrew Murray told the Observer. “The defendants are still in custody. That’s why we need to dismiss the charges now.
“I’m not thrilled about having to dismiss these charges. Some of these guys have felony records.”