More backlash over Rick Ross’ controversial bars on Rocko’s ‘U.O.E.N.O.’ (which he was unceremoniously removed from):
The 37-year-old Florida rapper was supposed to roll into the capital city on Tuesday for a concert at the Ernst & Young Centre, but “security concerns” prompted the show’s promoter, Urban Jamz Ent., to pull the plug on Friday.
Ross’ scheduled appearance created a storm of controversy on campus as many reacted strongly to what they saw as the promotion of rape culture.
Black never saw the contract, but says organizers were rumoured to be paying Ross between $100,000 to $250,000. Organizers were also apparently paying for sound and light equipment, technicians and promotion, Black said.
Black also disputes CUSA’s attempt to distance itself from the controversy late last month by suggesting its role was simply purchasing a block of tickets to sell to Carleton students at cost.
You can read the full article over at O Canada.