Spotted on London 24:

A man who strangled a passenger with a scarf on a crowded bus until he passed out in an unprovoked attack has been jailed for eight years.

Sibusio Majola, 33, was found guilty at Isleworth Crown Court today of attempted murder following the attack which took place on the C1 service in December 2012.

He was arrested after CCTV showing the shocking incident on a crowded single-decker bus was released.

His 37-year-old male victim, a security guard travelling to work for the first day of his new job, got on the bus near Victoria at 1.15pm.

Majola got on at Cresswell Gardens in South Kensington and sat behind him. During the journey he said to the victim: “Are you mad?”

The victim replied ‘no’, but a short while later Majola removed a black scarf he was wearing and proceeded to strangle the victim.

Police said whilst doing so he said: “I will kill you.”

The victim passed out and then regained consciousness, but the suspect leaned over the seat and continued to tighten the scarf around his neck.

A spokesman for the Met said he managed to free himself from being choked and ran from the bus in West Cromwell Road near Earl’s Court, where he found two uniformed officers in the street and reported the offence.

Meanwhile Majola remained sat back in his seat and continued his journey.

After an appeal releasing CCTV footage of the incident, he handed himself into a police station on Sunday, December 23, and was charged with attempted murder later that day.

Investigating officer Thomas Norman, of Notting Hill police, said: “This was a totally unprovoked attack on a man who was travelling to work some distance away from where he lives in order to financially support his family.

“Although the physical injuries he sustained were not life-threatening, he continues to suffer physiological distress and has only recently been able to return to work as a security guard.”

A small but committed group of writers, bloggers and videographers that (mostly) exist and function all over the D.C. Metro area.